Summer SBL Course
Day 1: Wednesday, June 18
- Early Block: Bagels and welcome from Castleton State College
- Block 1: Priming the Brain
Pre-reading: Chapter 1 of Switch and Chapter 3 of Art of Changing the Brain
Purpose: to prime the brain for learning; to introduce the language of the course
Task: Trevithicks: What does learning look like?
- Block 2: The Brain and Learning: Workshop with Bill Rich
Purpose: to understand the importance of coherence and connectedness to the brain and learning.
Bill's pre-assessment and Learning Profile Cards
Bill's Workshops next year (shameless promotion)
- Block 3: Clear Destinations (and Lunch)
Purpose: to understand the importance of clear goals & learning targets in the classroom and to learning.
Reading: Chapter 3 of Switch (Destination Postcard)
- Block 4: KUDs and Learning Scales
Purpose: to clearly articulate learning scales.
Task: independent and group work time.
Day 2: Thursday, June 19
Day 3: Friday, June 20
- Early Block: Questions
- Block 1: Guided Work Time based on summative feedback
- Block 2: Website Development or summative workshopping
- Block 3: Same as Block 2 (and Lunch)
- Block 4: Guided Work Time and Individual Goal-Setting